Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Ocean Blog Hop Reveal





Hello!  Welcome to The Ocean Blog Hop Reveal.  Several month's ago, Lisa Lodge over at The Greatful Artist announced that she would be hosting an ocean themed blog hop and I had to jump right in.   If you know me, you know I love the water and the beach.  It is one of the bonuses of living in Florida, so I couldn't wait to participate.


Lisa sent along a great collection of beads and findings to use in my creations.  This first picture shows the siam colored crystals, round metal connectors, and star fish charms.  In the green bowl is a collection of beads in a multitude of shapes and sizes.



The second photo of what I received shows the crystal rondelles again, along with some pretty yellow barrel beads and two wonderful tangerine colored sea glass pendants.  

After spending some time studying all the wonderful beads, I needed to come up with my ocean inspiration.  Usually, when you think beach or ocean you think blues or greens.  But, I thought more about my experiences and I remembered a trip I took down to the Florida Keys and a snorkeling adventure.  There is nothing more beautiful than the life under the water.  Aqua colored water, white sand, fish in all sizes and colors, and incredible coral.  (remember not to put your foot down!!)  I used my memories of that trip as my inspiration for my designs.

Coral Under the Sea

I made this bracelet to represent the coral in the ocean.  I used the siam colored crystal rondelles for my coral then highlighted them with dark blue crystal rondelles to represent the water.  The smaller crystal bicones in blue, light blue, and sea green can represent either water or small fish darting in and out of the coral.  If you look closely in the picture, you can see clear glass teardrop beads.  Those were part of the mix of beads in the green bowl above.  They stick out from the bracelet just like the branches of coral would do from the sea floor.  

It is a bit easier to see the clear beads in this photo:


The second piece I made for the blog hop is a fun pair of earrings.  I used the sea glass pendants and those fun star fish to make a pair that is just perfect for a summer day.

Sunset Beach
How fun are these??  Imagine yourself on the beach or boardwalk, enjoying a relaxing summer day with family or someone you love.  I think they are just perfect for that day at the beach.



Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek at my designs.  I love participating in Lisa's Blog Hops and creating jewelry based on a theme. The next Blog Hop of Lisa's I will be participating in is the Gemstone and Metal one coming in July so make sure to watch for that post as well.

Now it is time to enjoy the rest of the party and hop along to see what the other participants have designed.  Please use the list below to see all of the ocean themed pieces.

Ocean Blog Hop May 31st Reveal:
Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Kim Dworak, Cianci Blue
Marybeth Rich, A Few Words from within the Pines  You are Here!
Karin Grosset Grange, Ginkgo et Coquelicot
Candida Elkins Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
Katrina Taylor, I Wanna Go Out
Mary Ann Macri Jacobs, Trucksville Crafts
Jeanne Steck, Gems by Jeanne Marie
Ann Schroeder, Bead Love
Kathleen Breeding, 99 Bottles of Beads on the Wall
Marianne Baxter, Simply Seablime Jewelry
Terri Wlaschin, Dances in Fog
Margaret Pelech, Margaret Pelech's Ocean Blog
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Heather Richter, Desert Jewelry Designs

Andrea Glick-Zenith, ZenithJade Creations

The beautiful cultured seaglass for this hop is from ZnetShows.  Check out their awesome selection! ZnetShows Cultured Seaglass

post signature

17 comments:

  1. Your bracelet is amazing! I can just picture the fish and the coral underwater, bright, sparkly, moving! The earrings are indeed perfect for a hot summer beach day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful designs, that bracelet especially just brings the sea to life for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bracelet! I have never been in the ocean, but when I looked at pictures in preparation for the blog hop, your bracelet is really what it looks like with all the water and then the bright underwater sea life! Yes, your starfish earrings are so fun! Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the earrings looks as if the star fish are surfing😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love what you did with the bracelet. I love the dark blue beads at the ends. Those earrings would be so fun to walk around the beach. I bet everyone e would want to know where to get them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like the earrings. Copper is a great choice for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you were able to be inspired by a visit under the sea! Love the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely designs, Marybeth! I am a real lover of bracelets and yours is a beauty :) Great design story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 31, 2014

    Marybeth - you clearly put a lot of thought into your designs, and it shows! What a pretty bracelet and fun earrings. I am glad you found inspiration in your ocean visit. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful. Love the earrings and the swingy movement of the bracelet. Sorry for delay in commenting but was having computer issues. My post is up now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What are the odds that so far 2 blogs in a row created a pair of orange sea glass starfish earrings. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bracelet is stunning! The undersea world of Key West is a favorite of mine too. Such fun earrings - I love the way you connected the glass and starfish. Wish I had though of that for my lariat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! loving the bracelet especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coral under the sea is an awesome bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a gorgeous bracelet and it really reflects all the color under the ocean. I love all the texture and lushness of it. The earrings are really cute, too. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever how you put the starfish over the beach glass. And I love the colors in your coral piece. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my posts. Thank you so much for stopping by!