Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop Reveal




Yes, I am late... several days late in fact, which is very unusual for me.  I have been a bit under the weather lately,  and it took a big hit on my creativity so I had to wait for it to clear somewhat before I could post.   First of all, I want to thank Lori Anderson over at Pretty Things for hosting us for this special hop.  I get a lot of strength and energy from Lori and I couldn't wait to participate in her hop.



The whole theme of this Hop is going into your stash of beads and using those special ones that you have been hoarding.  It is time for them to come to life into something beautiful that everyone can see.  After all, your bead storage knows they are special beads so share with the world!  I have had these sweet little beads by Diana Rast for some time.  Check out her wonderful work here. I have started an obsession in the last year for lampwork beads and these khaki colored ones with the little pink dots are just adorable.   Add in the sand dollar bead, and I am in love. Anything beachy makes this Florida girl happy.


The beads are very delicate, so I didn't want to overpower them when I made a necklace.  So, I decided, soft, muted colors were the way to go.  I love brown and pink together and the color of the nubs on the lampwork beads made it easy to go with my favorite color of pink.   These little light rose glass beads are cultured sea glass so they fit perfectly with the sand dollar bead as well.   I added amber color heishi cultured sea glass to add some interest between the softness of the pink.  Here is a closeup:


I think you can really see the detail in the sand dollar now.  I just love how this necklace came out.   It fits well into my sea collection of pieces.

And, of course, I can never participate in a blog hop and not make earrings.   This time, I worked within the color palette from the necklace, but the beads are a bit different. 


This time, the bumpy lampwork (I am sure that has a name, so bead artists out there, please enlighten me.  Even though I love just calling them bumpy) is by Nancy Sinclair.   The khaki color is very close to the beads in the necklace, so they would work if you chose to wear them together.   I added some of the light rose cultured sea glass and finished them off with faceted crystal rondelles.   They look like sweet confections to me!  

Thanks again for your patience in waiting for my post and to Lori for hosting us.   I have enjoyed participating.   Please take a peek at the other artists who also took part:

Lori AndersonPrettyThings  (Hostess)

Audrey Belanger
Toki No Hourosha
Jenny KyrlachWonder and Whimsy
Kathy LindemerBay Moon Design
Lori SchneiderBead Addict
Dee ElgieCherry Obsidia
Dolores RamlCraftyD's Creations
Rebecca EdnieEclectic Endeavors
Lili Kristhttp://emjestudio.blogspot.com/
Marybeth Richhttp://forestofjewels.blogspot.com/
Hannah Rosner
Good River Valley
Nicole Princehttp://healingbeading.blogspot.com/
Deana Hagerhttp://justdeesarts.blogspot.com/
Jackie Ryanhttp://kydojewellery.blogspot.co.uk/
Elsie Deliz-Fonsecahttp://ladelizchica.blogspot.com/
Mowse Doylehttp://mowsemadethis.blogspot.com/
Evelyn Shelbyhttp://raindropcreationsbyevelyn.blogspot.com
Lisa Johnsonhttp://spudandmrsbutters.blogspot.com/
Terri Gauthierhttp://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/
Patti Pruhshttp://threebeadsandastring.blogspot.com
Shai Williams
Shaiha's Ramblings
Andrea GlickZenith Jade
K Hutchinsonhttps://jumbledhutch.wordpress.com
Marci BrooksThat Nothing Be Wasted
Jo-Ann WoolvertonIt's a Beadiful Creation
Jasvanti PatelJewelrybyjasvanti.blogspot.com
Laurie VyselaarLefthandjewelry.wordpress.com
Lisa KnappenbergerLIRaysaDesigns.blogspot.com
Mary Lindell
marylindell.com
Niky SayersSilver Nik Nats
Sandra McGriffskyescreativechaos.blogspot.com
Patricia Handschuhthecolorofdreams.blogspot.com
Erin Prais-Hintztreasures-found.blogspot.com
Maria Rosa Sharrowwillowstreetshops.blogspot.com
Kathleen Breedingwww.99bobotw.blogspot.com
Monique UrquhartA Half-Baked Notion
Jackie Locantore
www.artfire.com/ext/shop/blog/MorningStar
Sheryl StephensThe Babbling Beader
Becky PancakeBecky Pancake Bead Designs
Mona ArnottBijoux Gems of Joy
Michelle EscanoCabby Craft
Denise McCabeCabewoman
Carolyn Lawson
www.carolynscreationswa.blogspot.com
Sheila Prosewww.catswithbeads.blogspot.com
Kim Dworakwww.cianciblue.blogspot.com
Iveth Carusowww.CreativeAtelier.net/blog
Deborah Apodacawww.deborahapodacadesigns.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth Bunnwww.elizabethbeads.blogspot.com
Janine Lucaswww.esfera.me/travel/blog/travel-stories
Kari Asbury
Hippie Chick Design
Inge von RoosInge's Blog
Divya Nwww.jewelsofsayuri.com
Debbie Rasmussenwww.kepirasmussen.blogspot.com
KJwww.kjsbeadaciousbeads.blogspot.com/
Klaudete Koonwww.klaudetekoon.blogspot.com
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erpwww.kruseartllc.com
Ginger Bishopwww.lilmummylikes.blogspot.com
Kelly Schermerhorn
www.meanderingwithkelly.blogspot.com
Mischelle Andradewww.micheladasmusings.blogspot.com 
Sue KellyMid-Life Greater Expectations
Rachel MallisMint Monarch
Susan McClellandwww.mistheword12.com
Mary K McGrawMK's Creative Musings
Tania SpiveyMoobie Grace Designs
Stephanie PerryMustard Seed by Stephanie Perry
Mitzie Criderwww.NeedfulLuxuries.Blogspot.com
Nicole RennellWww.nicolerennell.com/blog
Nicole Valentinewww.nvalentine.blogspot.com
Karen Mitchellwww.overthemoon-design.com
Tammy Adamswww.paisleylizard.com/blog/
Patty Miller
www.pattymillerbeads.blogspot.com
Blanca MedinaMediBeads
Stephanie Hausslerwww.pixybugdesigns.blogspot.com
Roxanne Mendozawww.roxidesigns.blogspot.com
Claire Fabianwww.saraccino.blogspot.com
Bridget Torreswww.shears58.net
Donetta Farringtonwww.simplygorgeous-donetta.blogspot.com
Lee Koopmanwww.stregajewellry.wordpress.com
Deb Fortinwww.studiok24.blogspot.ca
Susan WallsWww.susansartcircus.com/blog
Cece Cormier
The Beading Yogini
Heather Ottowww.thecrafthopper.com
Lizzie Clarkewww.theneedtobead.blogspot.co.uk
Elizabeth Hodgeswww.thewhisperingseas.blogspot.com
Fay Wolfendenwww.torchfairy.blogspot.com
Kelly Hosford Pattersonwww.TravelingSideShow.blogspot.com
Nan SmithNanmade Jewelry
Jayne Cappswwww.mamasgototdoodle.blogspot.com
Robin Kae Reed                                          http://www.willowdragon.blogspot.com/
Melissa Trudinger                                      https://beadrecipes.wordpress.com/
Regina Wood                                                  Gina's Designs
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better.

    That is a wonderful color combination and a sweet necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty necklace and I love those earrings the brown and pink is so pretty together!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that one of the advantages of me running so far behind is that I got a chance to see your designs. What a pretty and so delicately feminine set. Just love it. And I am glad that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my posts. Thank you so much for stopping by!